It’s built into every window. We have options to help you meet the performance level you need.
Gliding windows slide left or right to open. Sometimes called a horizontal slider, they are similar to a patio door in design and offer a contemporary look. With the screen outside the operating window bugs stay on the outside.
GLIDING REPLACEMENT WINDOWS
Gliding windows are sometimes referred to as sliders or slide-bys. The windows glide open from the sides of the frame rather than up or down commonly found in double-hung windows. Gliders feature two sashes, with at least one sash sliding horizontally past the other in a single frame. They are a great complement to any St. Paul or Minneapolis area home, and they can be easily opened up to let in fresh air for your family and guests to enjoy.
Andersen’s gliders are available with many different options so that you can customize them to match perfectly with your home’s interior and exterior. There are many glass patterns, trim options, grid options, and colors that can be combined into your custom fit windows. Because of our expertise in replacing windows in Minnesota, we can almost always change a window style from a casement-double or twin double-hungs to a gliding window.
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Perma-Shield®, Fibrex®, or metal clad exteriors never need painting and won’t peel, blister, flake or corrode
- Frame exterior is protected from dents and repels water and provides long-lasting protection
- Gliding wood window sash members are treated with a water-repellent preservative
- Time-tested, proven window design
- Weather-resistant construction for maximum seasonal comfort and energy efficiency
- Weatherstripping is designed to seal from drafts, wind, and water infiltration
- A variety of low-emissivity glass options help control heating and cooling costs
- Most of our gliding windows can meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® v6.0 certification
- Historically accurate window styles
- Architecturally significant wood and glass options
- Mortise and tenon and mitered corner joinery
- Many exterior color options
- Natural pine, white, or Fibrex® interiors
- Exterior trim options to accent home
SELECT THE WINDOW THAT BEST FITS YOUR NEEDS
|400 SERIES||A-SERIES||E-SERIES||100 SERIES|
|Designed to be a replacement window, this is the most versatile and popular series from Andersen. Wood interior protected by vinyl exterior cladding.||A truly custom window. Available in more than 50 colors, with many interior wood species and stain colors. Interior wood protected by aluminum exterior.||Made with our sustainable composite Fibrex® material which is twice as strong as vinyl. Maintenance-free interior with clean corners for a refined look.|
N/A in A-Series
INTERIOR WOOD SPECIES
INTERIOR WOOD SPECIES
INTERIOR WOOD SPECIES
|DESIGN THIS WINDOW||DESIGN THIS WINDOW||DESIGN THIS WINDOW|
READ ABOUT WINDOW FEATURES
Never needs painting. Many colors, wood finishes and maintenance free options.
With custom-fit replacement windows, each window is custom-sized to fit your home.
We offer the best warranty in the industry. It’s even transferable should you sell your home.
Visit our showroom located at 6866 33rd Street N, Suite 100 in Saint Paul. You’ll be able to browse a wide selection of windows, patio and entry doors and speak with our experienced representative about your window needs.
Great Plains Windows and Doors has been delivering outstanding products and top-notch service to residential and commercial builders, remodelers, contractors, and interior designers in the greater Twin Cities metro area and Western Wisconsin since 1991. Specializing in doors, windows and millwork – we believe best quality service is the most important part of our business.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
GLIDING WINDOW BENEFITS
- Minimal maintenance – Gliding windows from Andersen have fewer parts than conventional windows, making them a low-maintenance and cost-effective choice for residential homes.
- Durable. Springs and pulleys wear or fail over time. Gliding windows don’t rely on these components to function, making them more durable than other window styles.
- Energy-efficiency – Andersen’s design affords industry leading efficiency for gliding windows. This will result in reduced energy consumption for your home.
- Easy of use – Gliding windows require very little effort and dexterity to open and close. They aren’t heavy and they glide along the window frame with ease. To use, all you have to do is release a latch and slide the window open.